- This event has passed.
2nd Bi-Annual UK Endocrine Pathology Society/RCPath Endocrine Pathology update
6 February 2020 @ 9:30 - 7 February 2020 @ 13:00
Thursday 6 and Friday 7 February 2020
To be held at the Royal College of Pathologists, 6 Alie Street, London E1 8QT
CPD credits: 9
Hear the latest developments in endocrine pathology and oncology from nationally and internationally recognised experts in the field. Join us for a two-day update on endocrine pathology, covering topics (TBC) including:
- the thyroid cancer ‘epidemic’
- pathological criteria for papillary thyroid carcinoma
- surgical approaches to thyroid cancer and pathology
- reporting thyroid FNA cytology using the UK ‘THY’ system
- WHO 2017 classification of thyroid tumours 2017: NIFTP, FTUMP, WDTUMP, WDTNOS (emphasis on diagnostic pitfalls)
- risk stratification of thyroid cancer
- pitfalls in thyroid diagnosis and medicolegal issues
- the thyroid patient – what the oncologist needs from pathology
- update on new therapies and clinical trials for thyroid cancer
- multidisciplinary working in thyroid disease
- MDTs, datasets and UK national guidelines
- case-based discussions.
Who should attend? Consultant pathologists and senior trainees reporting on thyroid pathology.